AFA Online Film Festival
Cinema has always been used to inform, entertain, educate and provoke debate. It is in this spirit that the organization Atlanta filmmakers alliance launched the first edition of the Atlanta filmmakers alliance online film festival. A cultural event dedicated to prevent human trafficking.
This is the start of one of the largest cultural events designed for a wide audience with the aim of raising awareness of the various themes related to human trafficking. The selection of films allows to deal with complex subjects, while satisfying the curiosity of activists, as well as professionals and film amateurs.
- The Atlanta filmmakers alliance online film festival starts on November 21 and will run until November 23 . This event is a space for reflection and denunciation open to the public. Filmmakers, activists, but also political and economic leaders will take this opportunity to denounce human trafficking.
- The Festival also welcomes a number of prestigious guests, who will take part in the debates that will follow the online screenings.
- It is three days of sharing and emotions around the theme of this first edition. With the aim of raising awareness, creating a commitment around a moment of cinema, but also to make this festival a must-see event on the cultural scene in Atlanta.
- During these few days, previously unseen films will be presented. They can be fiction,
documentaries, animated films or any other form.
- Films have the power to show different facets of life, which can help viewers to show greater empathy for people suffering from this problem and to better understand their needs. AFAOFF’s goal is also to use films as educational tools that influence perceptions, drawing attention to the most important issues and creating safe online spaces for respectful interaction and debate. In addition, the Festival is a creative and innovative way to normalize debates on the festival theme by telling stories.
ABOUT AFAOFF COMPETITION
The “Short Film Competition“ completes this programming, with several prizes to be awarded:
Best short film on the festival
Best international shot film
Best actor or actress
AFA PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
The atlanta filmmakers alliance photography awards invites photographers from around the world to participate in the AFA’s 2020 open photography competition.
The AFA Open Photography Competition celebrates existing independent photography around the world.
We are looking for stunning, well-designed images of exceptional quality. Successful images that can communicate through a visual story using excellent artistic and creative skills. AFA’s open photography competition aims to discover images that address the subject of human trafficking in the world around us and also provides an opportunity for photographers who are struggling to make their work visible.
AFA CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION
Nowadays, it is often difficult for classical/neo-classical choreographers to find theaters to live their passion and share it with the public.
Within the framework of the first edition of the AFA Online film festival, Atlanta filmmakers alliance supports young choreographers and new talents, giving the Ballet Repertoire a strong visibility among the national and international profession.
To accompany the emergence of young choreographers, Atlanta filmmakers alliance has decided to set up an Online competition to identify, promote and present choreographies that address the subject of this first edition (Human trafficking) to the general public.
AFA Expressive Art Competition
Our mission is to bring awareness to human trafficking through online art & film.
The primary purpose of the AFA International Film Festival & Expressive Art Competition is to bring awareness to one of the world’s most challenging global issues: Human Trafficking.
You don’t need to be a professional artist. You don’t need any technical ability. All you require is a heart & passion for the subject & willingness to translate what human trafficking means to you into any form of visual art.